Join as Alumni
Join the Movement - Stay connected with Pais
Continue making an impact for the Kingdom even after you’ve left Pais
Join as an Alumni Buddy
Who can be an Alumni Buddy?
Have you spent a year with Pais previously? Did you finish your time well? Do you love the vision and people of Pais? Would you like to stay part of Pais? Then you can be an Alumni Buddy!
What does this role include?
Alumni Buddies provide support and encouragement for current Pais apprentices during their year. Your experience in Pais, homesickness, and teamwork will be invaluable in relating to other apprentices who are just beginning their time on Pais. In this voluntary pastoral role, you will work closely together with the Personnel team to come alongside current Pais apprentices.
You will be asked to:
- Make contact with your buddy every month. This can be through Skype, email, phone, etc. You are also encouraged to support your apprentice through cards, texts, and other forms of communication throughout their year
- Support up to 3 apprentices of the same gender and most likely your same home nation
- Help your buddies through their re-entry by taking them through the debriefing journal and other resources available
- Recruit for new Pais apprentices and Alumni Buddies
- Consider supporting the work of Pais financially in your home nation
What support would I get?
- A Pais Buddy Pack to refresh and keep you up to date with Pais Movement
- Opportunity to attend Swap and Foundational Training for Free
- Access to Pais Alumni Buddy Facebook Group
- Opportunity to volunteer at Pais Conferences as Staff member
- Receive a ‘Recruiter Pack’ to help recruit other buddies & apprentices
How do I become an Alumni Buddy?
Fill out the application form, and we will be in touch to share your next steps.